Mitsubishi South Africa has introduced the Eclipse Cross to the local market. Here's how much the newcomer retails for.
"Eclipse Cross, which surpassed the global sales milestone of 80 000 units since its international launch 12 months ago, boasts a coupé-like exterior and is perceived more modern, distinctive, dynamic, advanced and sportier than most of its competitors," says Nic Campbell, General Manager of Mitsubishi Motors South Africa.
The range comprises just 2 models for now and the new Eclipse Cross CVT will be available in 4x2 and all-wheel drive application. Both models feature a 6-speed CVT gearbox with Sports Mode coupled to Mitsubishi's 2.0-litre MIVEC petrol engine. The engine is the proven 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated motor with 110 kW and 198 Nm. Fuel consumption is rated at 7.9 L/100 km and 8.1 L/100 km.
- Head-up display
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Multi-function Leather Steering Wheel with Audio and Cruise Control
- Bluetooth with Hands-free Voice Control
- Paddle Shifts
- Electric Windows (front and rear)
- Driver Window Auto up/down function
- Automatic Air-conditioning with Rear Passenger Vent Duct
- Leather Seats
- Slide and tilt-adjustable rear seats with 60/40 split
- Electric Adjustable Driver Seat and Heated Front Seats
- Accessory Sockets and USB Ports
- Electric Adjustable Fold-away Mirrors with Indicator Light
- Projector Halogen Headlights with Manual Levelling Device
- DRL (Daytime Running Lights)
- Dusk Sensing Headlamps
- Front Fog Lamps
- Headlamp Washer
- Rain Sensing Windscreen Wipers
- Front and Rear Park Distance Control
- Rear Spoiler with High-mounted Stop Lamp
- Front Bumper Skid Plate (Silver)
- Tailgate Garnish (Chrome)
- 18" Alloy Wheels
- Full-size spare wheel
- Roof Rails
The all-new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross has 7 airbags, including driver and front passenger, side and curtain airbags and a driver knee airbag. There is also ISOFIX Child Seat Anchors, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), AYC (Active Yaw Control), EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution), BAS (Brake Assist System), HAS (Hill Start Assist System), ASTC (Active Stability and Traction Control), EPB (Electric Parking Brake), EPS (Electronic Power Steering), Central Door Locking with Motion Lock, Anti-theft Protection Device, Keyless Operating System and a Rear-View Camera.
The Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross cabin looks spacious and well appointed
Mitsubishi Eclipse (2019) Price in South Africa
Eclipse Cross 2.0L CVT 4x2 R399 995
Eclipse Cross 2.0L CVT AWD R449 995
Both models are covered by Mitsubishi's Manufacturer's Warranty of 3 years or 100 000km, a 5-year / 90 000 km Service Plan and a 5-year / unlimited mileage Roadside Assistance. Service intervals are every 15 000 km.