The new Mercedes-Benz M-Class is now available in South Africa and boasts a wide range of styling, handling, safety and fuel efficiency improvements. The new M-Class range is a class leading offering in the premium SUV segment.
New Mercedes-Benz M-Class offers lots of choiceThe Mercedes-Benz M-Class offers both diesel and petrol options. Models in the new Mercedes-Benz M-Class range include,
- ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC – Offers a four cylinder diesel engine that produces 150kW of power and 500Nm of torque with a combined fuel consumption of 6.5l/100km and a CO2 emissions figure of 165g/km. This model accelerates to 100km/h in 9 seconds and reaches a top speed of 210km/h.
- ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC – Offers a revamped 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine that offers 190kW and 620Nm of torque. This model exhibits a 24% improvement on fuel consumption when compared to the previous ML 350 CDI 4MATIC with a fuel consumption figure of just 6.8l/100km. This model reaches 100km/h in 7.4 seconds and reaches a top speed of 224km/h.
- ML 350 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY –Offers a V6 petrol engine producing 225kW of power and 370Nm of torque with a combined fuel consumption of 8.5l/100km. This model reaches a top speed of 235km/h.
- ML 500 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY – Offers a V8 BlueDIRECT petrol engine that produces 300kW of power and 600Nm of torque. This V8 engine displays a CO2 emissions figure of 287g/km.
- ML 63 AMG – Fitted with a V8 engine offering 385kW of power and 700Nm of torque. The ML 63 AMG is the top-of-the-range model in the M-Class range with a CO2 emission figure of 276g/km. This model reaches a top speed of 250km/h.
The new Mercedes-Benz M-Class offers dynamic on-road and off-road handling with the suspension featuring selective damping. Electric steering further enhances handling and drive comfort. All M-Class models feature extensive off-road capability with 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive, 4ETS electronic traction control, off-road driving mode, Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR).
The new Mercedes-Benz M-Class is recognised by its body design with the hallmark C-pillar shape. The roof line slopes to the rear offering a sporty appeal. The rear bumper features an integrated chrome-effect load sill guard in a ‘wing design’ and defines the SUV’s rear end. The front-end is dominated by the grille and revised styling of the headlights. Overall, the M-Class offers attractive styling across the range.
The new Mercedes-Benz M-Class range offers a luxurious, spacious and comfortable interior. Seat adjustments can be made electronically and new features include adjustable rear seat backrests. Loading capacity can be increased up to 2010 litres when the rear backrests are folded down. The Audio 20 CD system is fitted as standard and comprises a twin-tuner radio, 14.7cm screen, MP3/WMA/ACC compatible CD player, USB interface and Bluetooth capability. The optional COMAND Online multimedia system offers a high resolution colour display and provides internet access in the M-Class for the first time.
Up to nine airbags are included in the new M-Class. Brake Assist (BAS) and the optional BAS PLUS helps either prevent an accident or reduces the severity of an accident. Other safety offerings include ATTENTION ASSIST, PRE-SAFE, tyre pressure loss warning system, adaptive brake lights. Active assistance systems such as Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist are available as additional options.
New Mercedes Benz M-Class - Price
|ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC||R683 500|
|ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC||R778 000|
|ML 350 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY||R752 000|
|ML 500 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY||R935 900|
|ML 63 AMG||R1 380 000|