The Ford Ranger gets some goodies to give it even more capability and desirability.
Sadly this is for the American market right now, but we're hoping Ford SA gets the message that customers want to accessorise their bakkies and bakkie modification is a way of life. “Our goal is to inspire customers by giving them capabilities and styling options from the aftermarket brands they love,” Eric Cin, global director of Ford Vehicle Personalization, comments. “The three new Ford Performance Packs empower our adventure-loving Ranger customers to explore even further with even more freedom with the added off-roading capability right from the dealership.”
These upgrades are great as they're OEM and therefore do not compromise your warranty. There are 3 packages which offer mechanical, hardware and graphic upgrades. All kits include Fox shocks, new 17-inch Dyno gray wheels, and special graphics for the bed and windscreen.
Performance Level 1 package
- FOX “Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
- Ford Performance bedside graphics and Ford Performance windshield banner
- $2,495 MSRP / R43 041.48 (before installation)
Performance Level 2 package (on top of Level 1 content)
- Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases power to 235 kW and torque to 501 Nm.
- BFGoodrich KO2 265/70-17 tires
- Rigid off-road fog light kit
Blue tow hooks
- Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
- $4,495 MSRP / R77 543.66 for Level 2
Performance Level 3 package (on top of Levels 1 and 2 content)
- Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
- Red tow hooks
- Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
- Ford Performance chase rack
- 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust
- $8,995 MSRP / R155 173.58 for Level 3