Ford sales continued to increase during September, and were driven by strong performances across the model range. While the country’s new vehicle market declined by 1.5 %, an all-time record for the brand was driven by demand of the turbocharged EcoBoost products.
The recently introduced Ford EcoSport continued to lead its segment for the second month running, more than doubling sales of its closest rival with 827 sales. Figo sales were helped by seasonal rental deals to boost sales to 1690 units, the best Figo sales month since August 2011.
“Surrounding economic conditions continue to impact the sales environment and against which, the automotive industry continues to perform. We can still expect 2013 to be a successful year for industry sales, which will be aided by a return to some labour stability,” says FMCSA’s General Manager, Rob Crouse.
Here is a breakdown of Ford sales summary for September 2013, including the top 5 model sales and top 5 used cars.
Ford new car sales summary for September 2013
- Total new car sales: 6152 units
- Total market share: 11.3%
- Total passenger vehicle sales: 4411 units
- Total Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) sales: 1741 units
Top 5 Ford new passenger car sales for September 2013 (compared to August 2013)
- Ford Ranger – 1435 units (1695)
- Ford Figo – 1690 units (1200)
- Ford Fiesta – 836 units (824)
- Ford EcoSport – 827 units (522)
- Ford Focus – 350 units (448)
Top 5 used Ford cars in South Africa for for September 2013
- Ford Focus
- Ford Fiesta
- Ford Ranger
- Ford Bantam
- Ford Figo