Volkswagen South Africa is now offering a turbodiesel engine for the Passat sedan and the range has also been updated to include additional standard features.
When this iteration of the Passat was launched in South Africa a year ago, it was an all-petrol affair with a choice of either a 1.4- or 2.0-litre turbopetrol engine on offer.
Now, Volkswagen South Africa welcomes a 2.0-litre TDI engine to the Passat range with peak outputs of 130 kW and 350 Nm of torque. This engine is mated with a 6-speed DSG transmission, allowing for acceleration from 0 to 100 kph in 8.2 seconds before reaching a top speed of 228 kph. Volkswagen claims a fuel consumption figure of 5.0 L/100 km.
Additional standard features
The Passat is now offered with two equipment lines, namely Luxury and Executive (previously Comfortline and Highline). The Passat Luxury is offered with LED headlights, 3-zone Climatronic air conditioning and Vienna leather heated seats as standard.
The Passat Executive adds additional standard features such as App Connect, Nappa leather seats, LED headlights with cornering lights and LED daytime running lights. This derivative is also fitted with an R-Line Styling Package and 18-inch Marseille alloy wheels as standard.
Optional packages include:
- Tow Package – Towbar, trailer assist and park assist
- Safety Package – Adaptive cruise control and head-up display
- Park Package – Keyless access, automatic boot, rear view camera and park assist
- Park Package with Area View – Area view, keyless access, automatic boot and park assist
- Luxury Package – Electric front seats, electric folding mirrors, DynAudio sound system, ambient lighting and 230V socket.
- R-Line Styling Package – Luxury models only
Volkswagen Passat – Price in South Africa
1.4 TSI Luxury 110 kW DSG R468 200
2.0 TSI Executive 162 kW DSG R522 400
2.0 TDI Luxury 130 kW DSG R493 900
2.0 TDI Executive 130 kW DSG R522 400
The Passat is sold with a 3-year/120 000 km warranty, 5-year/100 000 km maintenance plan and 12-year anti-corrosion warranty.
Want to buy a Volkswagen Passat?