The South African Guild of Motoring Journalists (SAGMJ) has announced the 12 finalists for the 2013 SAGMJ Wesbank Car of the Year Awards. The SAGMJ Wesbank Car of the Year Awards is the most coveted accolade in the motoring industry and finalists are rigorously judged on value for money, safety, dynamics, technology and aesthetics by respected professionals in the motoring industry. The 12 finalists for the 2013 SAGMJ Wesbank Car of the Year Awards are as follows, in no particular order.
- Nissan Juke 1.6 DIG-T Tekna (Leather)
- Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 Automatic Double-Cab
- Toyota Yaris 1.5 HSD Xs
- BMW 320i Automatic
- Hyundai i30 1.8 Executive
- Porsche Boxster
- Kia Rio 1.4 TEC Hatch Manual
- Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic 5-door
- Toyota 86 High Spec Manual
- Mercedes-Benz B180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY
- Lexus GS 350 EX
- Opel Meriva 1.4T Cosmo
The SAGMJ has run the South African Car of the Year competition since 1986 and Wesbank has sponsored the competition since inception. The winner of the 2012 South African Car of the Year was the Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS. Further details regarding the 2013 SAGMJ Wesbank Car of the Year Awards will be released as soon as the information becomes available.